Saturday, March 31, 2007

Traffic Lights of God

Text: Psalms 119:33-38
* Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.

* Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.

* Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.

* Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.

*Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

*Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared.

A GUIDE THROUGH LIFE :
The Bible is given to us by God, to guide us through life. When we are on a car journey, following road signs and obeying their warnings keeps us safe.In the same way, obeying the instructions for living, that God gives us in the Bible, will guard us against making a mess of our lives, and keep us safe in God's care.

Summary: We must listen to God in prayer to know when to go, stop, or proceed with caution.
What do each of these colors on the traffic light mean when we are in a car? Red means stop. Green means go. Yellow means speed up and go really fast, right? No it means caution. Caution is a word that means slow down and clear the intersection.

Today I want to talk to you about learning how to know what God wants you to do. To find out what God wants us to do, we must spend time studying the Bible and also we must pray. When we pray we spend time listening to God speak to our heart so we know what we should do. Sometimes listening to God is like watching this traffic signal.


Activity for Today: Puzzle arrangement from the New Testament Book

by Jim Kerlin