Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Hug From God

Text: John 14:15-21; John 15:12
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. - John 3:16

Summary: We show our love to God by obeying him. The Holy Spirit lives in and helps believers. Your parents love you very much. How do they show their love to you? They may tell you "I love you" or "I'm proud of you." They may give you a kiss on the cheek or a big hug. I like hugs myself. It makes me feel warm and good all over. God loves you too! He loves you so much he sent his Son, Jesus, into the world. God wants us to love him and each other. But how can we show God that we love him? Jesus tells us how in the Bible.

Jesus says if you love him, you will keep his commandments. One of the ways you show that you love God is to obey your parents. (Eph 6:1), Another way we show our love to God is by loving each other. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. - John 15:12

The Holy Spirit is God's way of hugging us. I like a hug from God! He is our best friend. He teaches us about Jesus (John 15:26). He helps us pray (Romans 8:26). He teaches us what is right. He will never leave us. And the Holy Spirit in us is proof that we are children of God (Romans 8:16).

Let's pray right now. Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me. I love you and want to obey you. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to help me. Amen.
I hope you will remember the hug from God and go back and tell your parents that you love them and give them a great big hug!

Source: Jim Kerlin.
Activity for Today: Let Your Light Shine