Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In the twinkling of an eye

Reading portion Mathew 13: 24-30

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed (1 Corinthians 15:51-52).

One day I was walking from the parking lot to the office, it was a day after a heavy snow. The day was bright and beautiful and the sun was shining bright. While I was entering the office building towards the corner I saw a huge pile of snow moved by the snow trucks. When I carefully looked at the piled up snow I saw pieces of metal stones mixed with it. Suddenly, a question came into my mind, how can we separate these stones from the snow? I thought for a little while and said to myself that it cannot be done because the snow piled up was so huge that it was hard for anyone to separate the stones from the snow. So I just went into the building and into the office for work. But to my surprise when I came outside to go home in the evening I saw that the snow has melted away because of the bright sun and the stones where laying there on the ground.

Moral of the story is this that in same way one day we who are the children of God will leave this world by transforming into the glories body as it is written; After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever (1 Thessalonians 4:17). And those who don’t believe in Jesus Christ will remain back in this earth like the stones for the day of judgment and just like the weeds will be tied up and thrown into the fire (Matthew 13: 30).

Activity For The Day - FIND THESE PLACES

By SS